Monday, June 30, 2008

Baltimore's Farmers Market

I am ashamed to say but I have been in the Baltimore area since 2000, when I began law school and this past Sunday was the first time I ever went to the Baltimore's Farmers Market. *GASP* As promised I want to make this blog about food, fitness, finances & fashion so this trip ties into all four! Under food, is the obvious one, its a farmer's market and there was fresh fruits and veggies as far as the eye could see! There were wonderful spices and flowers too! There was also cooked food from almost every part of the planet! My friends and I sampled some Lemon Jerk fried fish..deeeelish!


Under the finance heading the prices were unbelievable! My friend bought cherries, fresh corn, red potatoes, green beans, and onions for less than $10.00! You can't beat that. I bought a freshly popped bag of kettle corn for $3.00 it was a steal. As far as fitness, you can get a lot of walking in with this venue so its adds to your Activity Points! And lastly, under fashion you get to see some really unique jewelry there... head all the way to the back of the market! Also you may see a local celeb or two we spotted Tim Tooten from television's WBAL news and former Mayoral Candidate Kiefer Mitchell supporting the local ecomony! Kudos to them! Don't miss out here's the info!

Baltimore Farmers' MarketDowntown: Saratoga Street between Holliday and Gay Streets (under JFX Viaduct) Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to Noon (or sell out) May 4 - December 21Contact: Carole Simon 410-752-8632

ENJOY!

No comments: