Saturday, July 5, 2008

Change that station!

Last night I found preacher Joel Osteen on the tube and his sermon was so on time. He was talking about the importance of controlling your thoughts. It was reminiscent of The Secret in that YOU control your thoughts and the more positive thoughts you have the more positivity you bring into your life. He explained that if you are tuned into the "Poor Me" station you need to RETRAIN YOUR MIND to reject those thoughts. The bottom line is a lot of us (who are overweight) got there because we accept the negative reports that seep into our minds. "Oh I can't lose weight," "Oh I only lost 5 pounds," "Oh I'll never be thin." A good point Joel made was that we sometimes wake up in the morning and start having negative thoughts and we passively accept those negative thoughts. He gave a good suggestion for combating that instead of accepting it he suggested that we counter that with "No thanks I'm not dwelling on the negative" then insert something positive such as "This is going to be a good day" or "My future is brighter than my past."

It was so on time for me because I slip back into old habit of negative thinking about my weight, my romantic relationship (oh lack thereof), and my finances and I find myself feeling bad which for an emotional eater is a welcome mat to bad habits so I am taking Joel's advice and paying closer attention to what station I am tuned into and being on the offensive and guarding my mind against the negative and latching on to the positive and the hopeful thoughts that remind me I can do anything I put my mind to because God is in control and I can have victory over any challenge I face!

Here are some examples of how I have begun starting my day please consider them!

I am strong
I am beautiful
I am caring
I am loved
I am secure
I am fearfully & wonderfully made
I am blessed
I am smart
I am treasured
I am healthy
I am happy

Gratitude Journals are another way to start the day off in the right state of mind

I am grateful for my family
I am grateful for my friends
I am grateful for my new job
I am grateful for my health
I am grateful for my home
I am grateful for my car
I am grateful for my ability to learn new things
I am grateful for my life



Today I did Body Flow which will get in my Day 5 of Pilates & meditation. I know it may be in my mind but I do feel tighter. My abs already feel stronger and I woke up this morning sore in several parts of my body like my back, arms, and of course the abs. That Pilates twist seemed easy but it was a good move I feel my obliques.

I took my "before pictures" today with my workout buddy I'll post both ( before & after) on or about Aug. 1st 2008!

No comments: