Friday, July 4, 2008

Pilates Challenge Day 4

Well I made it through the Pilates Challenge Day 4~ God bless Dai b/c I am not a fan of Pilates however I've learn in the past 4 days to appreciate its benefits. The reason I was not a fan of Pilates is because it is hard as hell! But it is a serious workout and tons of stars swear by it
stars such as :
Jennifer Aniston
Kim Catrall
Courtney Cox
Cindy Crawford
Jamie Lee Curtis
Daisy Fuentes
Danny Glover
Hugh Grant
Lucy Lawless
Madonna
Gwyneth Paltrow
Sarah Jessica Parker
Martha Stewart
Rod Stewart
Sharon Stone
Patrick Swayze
Uma Therman
Charlize Theron
Tina Turner
Vanessa Williams Ok well you get the idea I mean all you have to do is look at recent photos of Tina, Vanessa,
SJP & Kim Catrell and know its at least worth a try, right?
But let me be clear...Pilates bodies are made and not born and your earn every inch of lean muscle you develop!

I've been doing the On Demand workouts but I remembered I had the Winsor Pilates DVDs! But I also remembered that was what turned me off from Pilates years ago lol then I found an unopened 2 disc set of Caribbean Workout Pilates! Now I can't tell you when I bought it but I can tell you it cost $5.50! lol so I opted to try it instead. It has 5 different Pilates workout and I decided to do the Stability and Posture workout. It was a great workout I still had to do a ton of modifications but I learned some new moves like the Pilates Twist. Some others I know from Body Flow so that was a nice suprise and I felt confident doing those moves but it was a great workout it was only 20 minutes but I worked up a sweat very quickly!

If you haven't tried Pilates I would say give it a try for at least a week and see how you feel. Don't feel pressured to do it perfectly or even do the entire workout just do what you can and set a goal of improving every time you do it again. Well all have to start somewhere! Another thing about Pilates is that even a 10 minute abs workout can be a great workout!

No comments: