Sunday, August 10, 2008

Getting ready for the week ahead

Well I made it to Body Pump this morning had a great workout. It was hard, Les Mills' new advertisement for Body Pump says "When your body screams...tell it to shut up." Well I had to tell my triceps, my chest, my quads, my calves all to shut up all class long. Whew. I went to the local produce market and bought about $30.00 worth of fruits and veggies which at this place is like 4 or 5 bags full!

I goal this week is to think of food as fuel rather than my usual thoughts about food (enjoyment, a way to relax, just to satisfy a sweet tooth, bored, frustrated, stressed, etc.) some of the items I bought were unsalted almonds ($3.99 -11 servings!), zucchini, fresh basil, mixed green, bananas, plums, red grapes, cherries, strawberries, blueberries($1.99), blackberries, sweet potatoes, and peaches.

I came home and literally cleaned out my fridge and threw out anything old or unhealthy that was lingering in there. I portioned out my baby carrots, cherries, grapes, nut, and trail mix. I am sure we have all done it from time to time because it is the right thing to do but we all slack up on the right things to do as well!

I think my weight gain in part was a result of poor planning, that is not to say I did not cook and take food to work, etc. but I took a spoon full of this a spoon full of that and a hand full of that. maybe my portions were distorted a bit. When I think about it I bought the 6 small Jiffy peanut butter containers each is 10 points I finished that in 1 week! That's 60 points? No wonder I
gained!



In the spirit of moving on I took the time to measure A CUP of grapes, A CUP of cherries, baby carrots, almonds, and trail mix.
<----I bought this set of measuring cups from the dollar store! If you do not owe a set pleasure buy one it is amazing what a cup of brown rice looks like or a 1/4 cup of trail mix looks like! I am not trying to be preachy just trying to show you the error of my ways and help you to stay on track!






Goal for Week: 1) Stay on point 2) Earn at least 28 Activity Points 3) Limit processed foods 4) Lose 2 pounds this week to equal 10 pounds loss

Affirmation for Week: Food is fuel, not my friend

No comments: