Thursday, August 7, 2008

Italian Vouge Finalmente (Finally)

Well I FINALLY got a copy of Italian Vogue! My goodness what a task! The MD/DC/VA area sold out quickly and a good friend of mine in CT. sent me a copy & a Soror from Philly is also sending me one! The Barnes & Noble in Baltimore's Inner Harbor MAY get a shipment of the reprints. Most of the other locations in this area sold out on the first day and then sold out on the re-prints. My advice if you have a good friend out of state call in a favor and see if they can get you a copy but as a backup I put my name on the wait list with the Inner Harbor Location!

Well for the good and bad stuff... Oh the good side OH MY GOD they all look simply gorgeous! I mean stunning, glamorous, and breath taking! You can say what you want about Noami Campbell but she is a baddddddddddddddddd.... woman! She looks flawless in every shot! A nice surprise was "plus-size model" TOCCORA!!! from America's Next Top Model and later Celebrity Fit Club fame! She looked GREAT! She was in a 12 page spread for Champagne Furs. Steven Meisel shot her as well. She looked great...small but voluptuous which which is why I guess she is considered "plus size" she looks great though! My 2 fave shots here...
















For the bad...well when I heard the buzz about an ALL BLACK VOGUE... See I thought that it would actually be ALL BLACK! LOL... The cover is great! The inside flap black and beautiful then I shift to the right and I see a very pale young lady in a Valentino ad...hummm...turn the page and there is another, turn again, yet another, then I see the light of PRADA but she's not black either...Turn again... ohhh ahhh Gucci (more to come on their new line they just sent me the email!) but there again and she's blonde...Turn page...Dolce & Gabbana...nope not black...Then Dior... yeahhh maybe Latina...but not Black... Turn again.... Chanel...*sigh* nope...not Black... Surely MCM would have a Black model... well no, no she wasn't... Well my salvation came in Page 50 where Michelle Obama was featured she is sooo classy!

Things pick up around page 74 then on page 94 Naomi's Pinko Ad begins and then things really take off towards the end. The shots are very beautiful, eye catching, alluring and encompass the beauty, passion, and essence of black women. Bene fatto, buono lavoro Vogue Italia! L'amo!

Its definitely a keepsake!

No comments: