Sunday, August 3, 2008

Money & Movies

Ok sooooo I'm slacking on the 4-F premise of this blog! I've talked plenty about food, fashion, and even fitness but not so much on the finances. That may be b/c that is a struggle for me. I am working on not spending too much and saving as much a I can. When you are doing that every dime adds up.

The movies are a treat for me b/c I already pay an arm and a leg for On Demand and movies get on there mighty fast so I tend to wait well today I learned that the movies can be more affordable than I thought!

I am at that age when I remember when the movies were 3 bucks! Seriously, I remember my Dad paying that for me to see E.T.! Lately I've paid an average of $10.00 to go to the movies. So if I see a movie , a, meaning only one per month in a year I've spent $120.00!

But today my sister aka the cheapskate extraordinaire (ok fiscally savvy sister) informed me that the first show is only $5.00 in my area! Who knew?? Now I mention this b/c I have a good friend who is waiting for netflicks to see X-Files because of the cost. She is working on saving as much as possible now b/c she bought her first condo this fall after living at home for a number of years. That was eye opening for me b/c she is a HUGE X-files fan, like loves Mulder to death type fan. Now I'm no Michelle Singletarybut I think cutting my cost from $120 to $60 a year would even make her proud!

X-Files was GREAT!!!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by! So far the BodyBugg is cool.

If you are seriously considering purchasing, you can go out the bodybugg wesite at apex.com and read the white paper on it.

In short, I think it's more accruate than the heart rate monitor, simply because it measures 6 different variables based on skin-to-skin sensors. The sesors are supposed to be pretty good.

I've compared it to my heart rate monitor data and the difference is, indeed huge, but almost so huge it leaves me skeptical.

Donna

Lawyer Gal 1908 said...

Thanks Donna! I was reading up on it and you have to get a monthly subscription that’s 13.00? Mannnn! I think I will keep it in mind b/c as I lose more weight I think the real numbers will become more important to keep my body burning fat effectively! Thanks!